This site was created by Christopher L. Jorgensen as a method to catalog his personal collection of cabinet cards and CDVs.
Some Dark Place Launched December 31, 2018
- Created RSS feed
- Added RSS icon to footer
- Initial launch on December 31, 2018
- Fixed incorrect image path for mobile
- Corrected typo in header info
- Corrected custom field variable to show in header
- Added Google Tracking and site verification
- submitted sitemap to google
- Social media links
- Font awesome
- Site map
- Add “coming soon” image
- Finish CC and CDV entry (scanned examples of each)
- Image animations
Done Prior to Launch
- Create Main page with two columns
- Link to back of photos!
- Style UL in 2 column
- Post dividers
- Sort pics from large batch
- Widths of pages for phone
- Pagination colors and padding
- Tables (adjust colors, make properly responsive)
- Make templates consistent. Us either - or _ but not both.
- Blog template
- Fade on Fannie Banner
- Optimize and cache tags (on going)
- Force all www trafic to domain in .htaccess
- Check ALL headers titles even on category and such. If = index or none = home
- Remove Unneeded templates
- List 28 photos
- post examples for each category
- change entry dates
- Make template for backs.
Things I Plan To Do:
- Fix CSS (including clean up and color pallet, tables links)
- Pick a consistent media width for everything including footer
- Correct hr tag CSS
- Sortable table for inventory
- Add currency to dollar variables
- Background image on header menu (add texture)
- Make Page of just Thumbnails
- Implement SCSS/SASS
- Atom feed?
- Apple Maps
- 404 page and no results forwarding (do if no results tags). May already be best it can be?
- Photo stream
Things I Would Like To Do:
- Set up local dev server
- Install dev tools
- install node.js
- install SASS
- install Foundation
Things That Can Wait:
- Add either detailed view or picture zoom.
- Contact form?
- Apple photo stream
Things that I will probably never do:
Posted by Christopher L. Jorgensen on November 28 2022.